Happiest when taking a walk in the mountains or eating an organic home-cooked meal with her family, Vinita Contractor is a certified Holistic Nutritionist & Lifestyle Coach based in Mumbai. She is the founder of Down 2 Hearth, a passionately-run health transformation and nutrition coaching company devoted to fostering holistic wellness through food and beyond. After a professional background in Commerce and subsequently Education (Bachelor's Degree and a certificate in Waldorf education), she found her true calling with Down 2 Hearth after turning vegan in May 2015.
A lifelong learner and lover of yoga, Vinita loves experimenting with new recipes and trying out new combinations, which not only nourish the body but also satiate the taste buds.
Vinita regularly conducts Whole Food Plant- Based (WFPB) cooking workshops such as AyurVegan, Satvic, Fermented foods etc. She has conducted cooking demos and workshops in other cities in India as well as in Bali, Indonesia and in the UK, working with over 1000 clients so far. She offers personalised nutrition & lifestyle coaching for weight loss, reversal of lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol and hormonal issues such as PCOD, thyroid etc. She has been featured several times in newspaper publications such as Asian Age, The Hindu, Mumbai Mirror, Midday etc. She also has a YouTube Channel Down2hearth which offers videos of interesting dishes, easy plant-based substitutes and useful tips to support all those who would like to adopt this lifestyle.
Vinita believes in continually learning and expanding one's skills sets. She is trained in and has successfully completed:
- The Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate from eCornell and T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies, New York, US.
- Raw Food Nutritionist Diploma Course, Centre for Excellence, UK.
- Culinary Rx, Rouxbe-World's leading online Culinary School, US.
- The Whole Plant - Based Consultation Training from Sharan, India.
- Certificate in Ayurvedic Diet from Kerala Ayurveda Academy, Aluva, Kochi, Kerala.
- 7 - Day Residential Training in Nature Cure by International Institute of Mahayoga & Natural Hygiene by Dr. Arun Sharma, Delhi.
- Certified Holistic Nutritionist from American Fitness Professionals & Associates, US.
Vinita is married to her best friend and her biggest supporter, and they love travelling with their two sons and being out surrounded by nature!
'The future is about a plant- based diet - Jamie Oliver, Chef'